Skip to main content

Empty

There are nights when I feel unstoppable.
Tonight is not one of them.
Sometimes I could rule the world with an iron fist.
But often my hands are covering my wet eyes
and wiping my foaming mouth.
I'd like to be as armor plated on the outside
as I feel vulnerable on the inside.
For once I'd like to hone my aggro
instead of giving in to my inner emo.
Talking loud and saying nothing.
Self-absorbed brilliance is a fake reality.
If I could quiet the noise in my head 
I might hear what my heart is trying to tell me.
I'd stop plugging up my ears 
if I knew what else to do with my middle fingers.
Master of a destiny as yet unwritten.
Weighed down by the crutch of yesterday.
Holding on to nothing right now.

Creating the perfect monster. Me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Feeling Kinda Patton

Charmed I'm sure...... Patton Oswalt is one of my favorite comedians and one of the smartest, funny people alive. His point blank sarcasm colors his observational humor in a twisted way which confounds some, but makes perfect sense to me. I have long been a fan and while his star is rising of late, it seems like he is only just now getting widely recognized as one of the better, more important humans among us. Most people know Patton from his stand up specials, from his role as Spence on The King of Queens on CBS and the Pixar animated movie Ratatouille . You may have also seen him on VH1's Best Week Ever (he was fired for making fun of Paris Hilton), Zoolander, Blade: Trinity , Reno 911 , The Comedians of Comedy tour, Blood Into Wine , Lewis Black's Root of All Evil show and some of Comedy Central's Roast of ... episodes. Patton has had a big impact on me through his stand up and through his brilliant albums Feeling Kinda Patton (United Musicians) Werewolves

OCTOBER MEANS HALLOWEEN

Next to Thanksgiving, Halloween has always been my favorite time of the year. I celebrate the entire month long in some form or another. Decorating the house, watching horror movies, costume parties, various parades, haunted houses and of course candy too. Halloween in the hood was a bit of a mixed bag for a me growing up as a kid. My family always decorated the house. My mom made individual candy bags to give out. For a costume I often wore a homemade get up, like being a clown or a cat. One year I got a “fancy” Spider-Man costume from Woolworth's . Oh those suffocating plastic masks with strangulating rubber bands and costumes made of sweaty plastic. My costume was torture, but I was so happy. Growing up in the “ Summer of Sam ” my dad had to take us around for candy. Older kids would go “bag snatching” “egg bombing” or other forms of mischief to terrorize little ones. Halloween also means horror films! I grew up on the classic Universal Monster movies , from there it was

Don't Shoot What It Looks Like....

Image courtesy of: SnapKnot - Los Angeles wedding photographers